Friday, June 29, 2018

About fell over today when at Post Office, Shipping Ridiculous!

Went to Post Office today to mail some cards out and I just about fell over right there in the floor. $3.75 to mail a 6 x 6 x 2" box :( Yes, completely ridiculous.) t was only a few oz. 
I have searched and searched a way to send these cards that are so fluffy cheaper for my customers, but I find no other way for them to get to them safely.
Anyone have any ideas, it would be appreciated. 
I use Wild Orchid Craft 1" flowers a lot and they are just too tall. I know I can go to smaller flowers but jeez don't really want to.
Places like Etsy have gone crazy on their charges. If I could get around and about easier, I would just do craft shows again, but I just can't. I have had one knee replacement and another one still to go. My husband is an amputee. What's a person supposed to do???
It's been sooo long since I've been on blogger, I don't even know who still blogs anymore. 
I may be talking to the wind, and I guess that's ok too, got to get it out some way.
You all have a great night!!! Hugs Leah Ann

2 comments:

Paula said...

I know the PO charges more for square cards because they can't go through their automated equipment. Maybe they charge extra for square boxes, too. You could try using a rectangle box to see what happens!

Sharon said...

I know what you mean. I posted a card from the UK to the US which I sold through Etsy. For tracking it was £12.95 which meant I would have made the card for free. Will have to revise my shipping fees or find somewhere else to sell my cards.
Sharon.